Meeting Room Policy and Reservations:
The meeting room in the lower level of Carnegie Public Library is available for use by community groups for presentation of informational, educational, or recreational meetings and programs in keeping with the mission of the Trinidad Carnegie Public Library Policy.
- Meeting room facilities will be made available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. Meetings are scheduled on a first come – first served basis.
- Rooms may be used for:
- meetings which are open to the public
- public lectures, panel discussions, film and slide presentations, group discussions, workshops, and other similar functions;
- organizations or individuals engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, governmental or charitable activities.
- Rooms may not be used for:
- any purpose which may interfere with the regular operation of the library;
- programs involving the sale, advertising, solicitation or promotion of commercial products or services;
- personal, company, or family parties.
- No single group may have more than three (3) meetings reserved in advance. Exceptions are Library or Library sponsored programs and those offered by the City of Trinidad which receive priority in scheduling.
- No admission fee, registration fee, nor donations may be sought from meeting attendees, except by local non-profit educational, social service or cultural organizations with the specific permission of the Library Director. This guideline is waived for library fundraising activities and for fees associated with participating in City of Trinidad sponsored functions.
- No charge will be made by the library for the use of the meeting rooms.
- Users agree to abide by all regulations of the library relating to the use of the facilities and accept responsibility for all damages caused to the building and/or equipment beyond normal wear.
- Users of the meeting rooms will follow the guidelines regarding meeting room use. These guidelines will be made available to all those users booking the rooms.
- Use of the library meeting rooms does not imply endorsement by the library staff of viewpoints presented.
To reserve use of the Community Room at Carnegie Public Library, please contact us.