"A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return."
- Burkina Faso parliament set ablaze Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:27:09 GMT
- Protesters angry at plans to allow Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore to extend his 27-year-rule set fire to parliament in the capital.
- Abbas warning over holy site closure Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:10:53 GMT
- The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
- Apple chief: 'I'm proud to be gay' Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:14:43 GMT
- Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality, saying he wants to try to help people struggling with their identity.
- US Ebola nurse defies quarantine Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:26:47 GMT
- US nurse Kaci Hickox defies Ebola quarantine orders, leaving house in Maine after saying she has no symptoms of the virus.
- Prison for S Korea bullying soldiers Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:07:32 GMT
- A military court in South Korea gives prison sentences ranging from 25 to 45 years to four soldiers involved in the death of a junior soldier.
- US posts better-than-expected growth Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:30:33 GMT
- The US economy grew at an annual rate of 3.5% in the third quarter, a better figure than economists were expecting.
- Iraqi Kurd fighters 'enter Kobane' Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:58:30 GMT
- An advance party of 10 Iraqi Kurd fighters have entered the Syrian border town of Kobane to join the battle against Islamic State militants, activists say.
- Groups condemn Singapore gay ruling Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:23:07 GMT
- Human rights groups criticise a Singapore court's decision that a law banning gay sex is constitutional, saying it "tramples on basic rights".
- Japan princess back in public eye Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:11:11 GMT
- Japan's Crown Princess Masako - who has been hit by a stress-related illness - attends a banquet for Dutch royals, her first such appearance in 11 years.
- German motorway shooter sentenced Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:39:50 GMT
- A German lorry driver who carried out hundreds of shootings on the country's motorways has been jailed for more than 10 years.
- Tunisia secularists win elections Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:03:58 GMT
- Tunisia's secularist Nidaa Tounes party wins 81 seats in parliament, pushing the Islamists of Ennahda into second place, official results show.
- UK can be sued over rendition case Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:31:58 GMT
- A Libyan man can sue the UK government over claims he was illegally sent back to Libya and tortured, the Court of Appeal rules.
- VIDEO: Chinese Hollywood builds Forbidden City Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:53:21 GMT
- Hengdian, a small town on the east coast of China, has become the setting for one of the largest outdoor movie studios in the world.
- VIDEO: Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:56:15 GMT
- The Vatican has unveiled a new hi-tech LED lighting system for the Sistine Chapel in Rome.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:52:56 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.